Laserfiche is a world leader in software for content management, business process automation, and productivity-boosting data analytics. With users spanning more than 80 countries, in nearly every industry—including government, education, financial services and healthcare—Laserfiche solutions make organizations smarter, more collaborative, more efficient and more effective. At Laserfiche, we don’t just build software, we transform the enterprise.
Delivering on that promise of flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure content management and business process automation software comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Engineering Managers across Laserfiche define the technical direction for our products, set the culture and empower their teams to implement the software and solutions which deliver value to our customers. You will work with Product Managers and your engineering staff to design and implement solutions to our customer's problems. You will participate in technical leadership and architectural decision making. You will serve as a mentor and manager for a wide range of engineers, define and oversee team structure and growth, and help to train and grow the engineering staff. Engineering managers often manage several related teams of engineers and may manage other managers. Engineering managers are expected to remain very technical often writing code and tests, and participating in pair or mob programming with the teams in their areas.
Laserfiche's Internal Software team is the backbone and infrastructure of Laserfiche, responsible for managing and implementing solutions to:
- Receive and customize orders from our Solution Providers for their/our customers
- Interface and integrate with billing systems
- Facilitate internal line of business applications to interact with each other
- Enable Laserfiche's business intelligence efforts - providing business-critical data and reports to product development, marketing, and sales
- Enable Laserfiche's several public-facing websites like Laserfiche.com
- Grow our own internal use Laserfiche for automating our own business processes
The Internal Software team is seeking an Engineering Manager to help inspire, lead and grow this area. Together, you and your teams will write outstanding code and tests while contributing to the products that will power Laserfiche's future products.
- Support and manage 2 to 4 teams of 4-6 software engineers and testers ranging from junior-level to senior-level
- Champion Agile development best practices (unit testing, TDD, automation, CI / CD, pair and mob programming)
- Foster a DevOps culture: ensuring that security, monitoring, operability, and easy deployment are part of the design
- Encourage continuous learning and improvement
- Partner with Product Managers to drive on technical solutions and implementation
- Escalate product opportunities observed by the team to Product Management
- Research new technologies
- Lead design reviews, maintain quality focus and resolve technical disputes
- Develop, track and report on team-health meaningful metrics related to outcomes
- Guide, mentor and coach managers and individual contributors into effective leaders and high performing teams
- Establish guidance and best practices for design, code and release processes
- Own and drive staffing plans to meet immediate and long-term resourcing needs for your team.
- Build and establish key business relationships with partners and customers.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working on teams that build and ship public-facing software.
- Proven experience (3+ years) as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering
- Excellent understanding of Agile development and/or DevOps practices and culture; and the ability to champion and improve practices
- Experience growing teams to meet the needs of the business
- Working and present knowledge and experience in distributed computing, web-services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture and operating and supporting production services.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority within the organization.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members via influence rather than command and conquer techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in automating build/test/release processes.
- Deep knowledge of cloud architecture across Amazon Web Services (strong preference), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***