Who We Are:
Every year, online shoppers in the US lose 50 billion dollars in unclaimed money, and we’ve developed an elegant way of returning that money back to our customers. With over 3 million active users, our mission is to advocate for consumers financial best interest.
Our simple customer experience means sophisticated back-end decision-making on their behalf. Earny acts as a personal assistant that automatically gets consumers money back on almost every purchase. Earny uses low-latency price tracking to identify the lowest possible prices, and obtains refunds using credit card price protection.
We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and are backed by top investors including Mayfield, Science, Inc., Sweet Capital, Comcast Ventures. We’re currently looking for innovative and passionate people, who are eager to make a difference and play a vital role in Earny’s growth and success.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong technical background that can manage and continue to grow our engineering team. We are looking for someone who is highly technical and has a proven track record of managing software development processes within a rapidly growing organization. You must be able to motivate and inspire team members to overcome obstacles and deliver highly scalable, state-of-the-art technology solutions. This position is based in Santa Monica and you will report directly to the CTO.
- Hire new team members and lead our current team of 10+ highly talented back-end software engineers
- Mentor team members on an ongoing basis. Identify areas of improvement and conduct regular one-on-one meetings with engineers
- Create a challenging, innovative and supportive environment for team members to grow and produce their best work
- Create and implement training programs for engineers, and implement processes to develop their skills and career
- Implement and continuously improve development organization and processes. Set clear KPIs for the team success
- Establish metrics and processes for team member assessment and improvement
Required Skills + Qualifications:
- BS or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years as a Tech Lead or Manager leading at 6+ full-time software engineers
- Track record of attracting, screening, hiring and retaining 5+ software engineers
- Expertise with GCP or another cloud provider
- Strong experience with the following modern software engineering practices: Agile / Scrum, Continuous Delivery, DevOps , Docker / Kubernetes
- Strong engineering skills with architecture, testing, monitoring, operations and deployment
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful services
- Strong git skills while working with an Agile team
- Database modeling skills in either SQL or NoSQL
- Strong Node.js experience
- Security background (encryption, RBAC, PCI-DSS / ISO compliance...)
Perks + Benefits
- Salary, Equity & Health Insurance
- Vacation: Unlimited PTO and Flex Time
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered Meals, plus stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Rad Location: Our office is in the heart of Santa Monica and has a casual work environment
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Team lunches, Team breakfasts, Weekly Fitness Classes, Game Nights, Quarterly Company Outings