About the Role
As an senior member of the engineering team you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in the company to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. You are passionate about product craftsmanship and care about great design, not only in products and their visual presentation but in your code and technical architecture as well.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews
- Recruit and build an effective engineering team
- Collaborate with product owners, agile coaches, and other stakeholders to execute on company’s product roadmap to ensure we deliver world-class products
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Contribute technically to projects via designs and test driven development
- Contribute to and improve our strong engineering culture
- Participate in discussions about software architecture
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices
- Develop best engineering practices
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with Ruby on Rails (Python, Go, PHP, or Java is ok too)
- Experience using Ruby and Rails in a production environment
- Experience using a relational database system (we use PostgreSQL)
- Deep understanding of RESTful API design
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Medely offers a range of generous benefits and perks, including great medical, dental, and vision insurance. Team members can also enroll in our 401(k) plan.
- Our beautiful office is located at the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica.
- We believe that work/life balance is important, so we instituted unlimited vacation days for team members.
- The tight-knit Medely team can often be found together, whether at bi-weekly team meetings, weekly lunches, or community hangouts.
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. The Medely team believes that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities
Read Full Job Description