Engineering Manager, Android
Greater LA Area
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds the mobile, web, and backend technology that power the experience for buyers and sellers on our global marketplace platform.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who has proven experience building and launching high quality Android apps and is excited about researching new methods or technologies that improve the architecture, user experience or engineering process.
In this role you will:
- Be a part of a small but nimble team expanding the mobile retail experience for GOAT Group
- Build, mentor, and grow a team of exceptional software engineers and technical leaders
- Use product requirements and technical designs to write well-engineered, robust code
- Work with team to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Contribute to the innovation, analysis, design, critique and continual improvement of the app
- Keep up to date with the latest capabilities and features of each Android release
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
We are looking for:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience building high quality Android apps
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience
- Experience with Kotlin, RxJava and Java
- Experience writing and utilizing unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code
Benefits & Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary and generous equity grants
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description