Embedded Software Architect
The Embedded Software Architect will be part of the Embedded Architecture Team, within the Software Engineering Function. The team works with other software teams to specify, develop and maintain the architecture for all embedded hardware (compute platforms) and software. This includes owning functional, logical and physical architectures, and insure clear information dissemination across multiple departments.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the embedded architecture definition processes.
- Working with other engineering teams to:
- Define functional architecture – diagrammatically, and with detailed design specifications
- Define physical architectures – diagrammatically, and with detailed design specifications
- Define logical architecture – diagrammatically, and with detailed design specifications
- Define safety-critical architecture – diagrammatically, and with detailed safety design specifications
- Define elements of the embedded systems to span the portal, tube and pod – with multiple systems and networks on each.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing product deliveries.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning embedded architecture in a productive and diplomatic fashion
- Expert in embedded software or hardware architecture.
- Expertise with multiple embedded operating systems, including RTOS
- Deep understanding of IPCs, API and networking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with modern embedded RTOS
- Experience building or architecting embedded systems
- Expertise with high-integrity software architecture & safety-critical systems
- Experience with modern embedded Linux stacks
- Experience with FPGAs, ASICs and other “daughter” hardware
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- BS or MS Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field
- Experience managing hardware and software architects, or equivalent
- Background experience in train or aerospace industries (system of systems)
- Experience with agile methodologies
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.