DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
1. Position Overview
The Director of Manufacturing position oversees management of the entire Manufacturing team and the products they are producing in the most cost effective manner within quality standards. We possess broad technology capabilities and one of the most complete product portfolios in the industry. Our customers are global industry leaders who are driving innovative platforms that are changing the way we all live, work and play.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop manufacturing process for prototypes and production assemblies.
- Manage vendors and procure manufacturing equipment.
- Hire, develop and train the manufacturing engineering team.
- Assist in the development of, provide high level specifications for, qualify, validate, and set up manufacturing equipment.
- Develop manufacturing instructions, production tooling, take time analysis and process engineering.
- Develop factory layout, material flow, and conveyance methods.
- Develop product quality standards, functional test specifications, and rework methods for non-conforming material.
- Partner with facility management, design engineering, production control and production management to execute production plans.
- Participate in design for manufacturing (DFM) initiatives, as well as DFMEA and PFMEA activities championed by the Quality team in order to influence better product design decisions.
- Develop preventative equipment maintenance plan and unplanned downtime countermeasures.
- Partner with business systems architect on manufacturing execution system and ensure that all equipment can communicate with system through PLC.
- Oversee 2 lower level subordinates consisting of Manufacturing Engineers and managers.
- Plan personal development and conduct annual performance review of team members.
- Manage workforce to achieve targets set by Chief Executive level.
- Basic Qualifications
- Seven (7) years of manufacturing engineering and processes, including developing factory layout, material flow, and conveyance methods in the automotive sector; executing process planning from early design stages; creating high level specifications for manufacturing products and equipment; and managing vendors and procuring complex manufacturing equipment, as well as qualifying, validating and setting up said equipment into high volume environment.
- Proven track record in managing and developing engineers through project management.
- Providing exhaustive design for manufacturing feedback.
- Lean manufacturing processes, elimination of Muda/Muri/Mura, Just in Time and Total Quality Maintenance methods.
- Planning and implementing Total Preventive Maintenance routines in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Resistance welding, robotics and automation.
- Knowledge of dimensional analysis, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, including 3D laser scanning and jig/checking fixture measurements.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.