Director, Engineering - Payments & Platform
Celebrating its $80M Series A funding and winning Entrepreneur of the Year (E&Y), FabFitFun is steadily expanding its lifestyle subscription business with year over year growth. Located in West Hollywood, FFF is looking for a Director of Engineering to oversee our Payments and Platform teams. The Payments and Platform teams play a vital role by processing millions of transactions each season. As a subscription-based company that delivers real products to our members, efficient, performant and scalable Payments and Logistics are a must. Our Platform team charts the technological course for all of SW Engineering, building out core components and overseeing technical migrations and architectural principles.
- Develop, mentor and motivate a growing team of engineers
- Create and maintain an engineering roadmap and deliver against a joint technical and product roadmap
- Oversee the cross-functional partnership between Product Development, Engineering, Warehouse Ops and the Data Org
- Adhere to our agile product processes and best practices
- Improve and iterate process and thinking about our technology, practices and SDLC
- Design and implement new features for inventory management and payment processing on our cross-platform e-commerce system, including integrations with second and third parties
- Collaborate with multiple development teams ensuring proper designs and integrations
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance across all tiers
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Act as the integration point for all POS changes, new gift card sales initiatives, and new virtual and mobile payment initiatives
- Guide our payments platform to be composed of services that are distributed, fail-safe, fully-instrumented, and fully automated - all hosted in the AWS cloud.
- simple, synchronous based models (e.g. Credit cards, ACH, etc.)
- redirect based models (e.g. Paypal and ApplePay)
- Proven experience managing a successful and determined platform team
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language concepts, Java EE, SQL, and NoSQL
- Experience creating scalable object-oriented RESTful web services and applications
- At least 5 years- experience in a leadership/managerial capacity
- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of SOA and Microservices
- Familiarity working in test-driven development and Agile environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with gamification systems or gaming
- Experience with e-commerce and payments systems
- Knowledge of PHP and related designs / architectures
- Opportunity to flourish within a strong, critically thinking, diverse organization in hyper-growth stage
- Prospect of a role that will grow with time and provide ever-expanding career and leadership responsibility
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, generous vacation policy, dog-friendly office, free FabFitFun subscription and paid parking!
- Would you like to live in L.A.? We offer relocation. We’ll get you here.