Director of DevOps
The Director of DevOps will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This team develops and maintains the build pipelines and continuous integration tools; as well as being responsible for the cloud infrastructure for databases, services and applications at Hyperloop One.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the software build approach.
- Test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of Engineers.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Prioritize build tools and automation to accelerate development and increase code quality.
- Provide the high-level system monitoring with an understanding of reliability, availability, and failure management/mitigation needs.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning build process, tools, and cloud service providers in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Has built and run a DevOps function.
- Experience managing teams to deploy and maintain tools such as JIRA / Confluence, Github, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience managing teams to deploy extensive database and data warehouse functions to public (AWS, Azure, etc.) and private clouds.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of embedded software
- Experience managing software projects in an agile fashion.
- Experience managing extensive cloud infrastructure in a mission critical environment.
- Understanding of SOLID coding principles, software life-cycles.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experienced in a people management position.
- Proven successful track record in Dev Ops or similar role.
- Proven industry experience building and maintaining software.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience with agile methodologies, but within an overall waterfall project.
- Willing to do honorable combat over what constitutes a “good” tool.
- Experience with deployment methodologies. (Docker, Jenkins, )
- Experience with Testing practices - unit, integration, and end-to-end.
- Experience with source control. (Git, Svn, )
- Experience with automation of developer activities.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.