Who We Are:
With one click Earny (www.earny.com) gets you money! Every year, online shoppers in the US lose 50 billion dollars in unclaimed money, and we’ve developed an elegant way of returning that money back to our customers. With over 2.4 million registered users, our mission is to advocate for consumers to ensure that they are getting the best price on all of their purchases.
Our simple customer experience means sophisticated back-end decision-making on their behalf. Earny acts as a personal assistant that automatically gets our customers money back on almost every purchase. Earny uses low-latency price tracking to identify the lowest possible prices, and obtains refunds using credit card price protection.
We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and are backed by top investors including Science, Inc., Sweet Capital, Comcast Ventures and Mayfield. We’re currently looking for innovative and passionate people, who are eager to make a difference and play a vital role in Earny’s growth and success.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help build the most sophisticated consumer advocacy AI, reaching millions of customers. You’ll be creating infrastructure on a multi-cloud platform (using AWS, Azure and GCP), while ensuring that mission critical systems are functioning securely and consistently.
- Create a secure production infrastructure with thousands of resources across three cloud platforms
- Design, develop and scale infrastructure-as-code
- Establish SLAs for service uptime, and build the necessary telemetry and alerting platforms to enforce them
- Architect and build continuous deployment pipelines
- Create tools to empower developers to manage production infrastructure
Skills + Qualifications:
- Experience protecting sensitive customer data including PII and payment card information
- 3+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of experience with either AWS, Azure or GCP
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP & HTTPS
- Experience building platforms for monitoring & alerting
- Understanding of encryption ciphers and key management
- Infrastructure automation experience (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with templating frameworks like Terraform, Cloudformation or Resource Template Manager
- Experience managing a large RDBMS like MSSQL or MySQL
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel fundamentals including job management, memory management, file systems, networking & debugging
- A relentless security-first mindset. You think like an attacker
Perks + Benefits:
- Salary, Equity & Health Insurance
- Vacation: Unlimited PTO and Flex Time
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered Meals, plus stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Rad Location: Our office is in the heart of Santa Monica and has a casual work environment
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Team lunches, Team breakfasts, Weekly Fitness Classes, Game Nights, Quarterly Company Outings