Developer - Front End
The global leader in digital services and technology for content creation and delivery, Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences, for more than 100 years.
Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent. Deluxe Delivery enables content creators and providers to get their content to the world – in any format. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, Deluxe relies on 8,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Our company values are:
• Be Pioneers – We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity
• Pursue Diversity – Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
• Act with Integrity – We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company
• Take Ownership – We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
• Collaborate – Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support
• Exceed Expectations – We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations
About Deluxe Digital Studios
Deluxe Digital Studios is a fully integrated creative and technology division. Providing strategy, design and development for the worldwide theatrical, broadcast and home entertainment industries. We work to create products and services for our clients that deliver on transforming and growing their business.
We currently have a need for a contract Front End Developer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
• Provide website maintenance and enhancements
• Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
• Write functional requirement documents and specifications
• Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
• Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
• Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
• Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
• Promote usability best practices
• Understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is important.
• Strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress, as well as software programs like the Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with responsive and adaptive design
• Be able to effectively communicate with the creative team
• Ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends
• Experience in the entertainment and games industry preferred
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
• Must have expertise in HTML5, CSS3, with the ability to hand-code webpages with highly graphical and interactive content. Knowledge of WebKit visual effects is a plus
• Must also be creative, detail-oriented, highly organized, and have a desire to learn about continuing developments in the field
• Knowledge of UI/UX and wireframing experience is a plus
• Experience working in a post-production or creative environment is preferred