Cloud and Systems Engineer
Beyond Limits seeks a Cloud & Systems Engineer to support several cloud and systems engineering based initiatives. The role requires technology skills and experience to drive efforts that modernize existing infrastructure and systems architecture, with a focus on deployment. This role will participate in the delivering of industry leading scalable and highly available modern solutions. The ideal person will have a desire to continue to learn and take initiative to adapt to a rapidly changing infrastructure and deployment environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience deploying public cloud SaaS services for Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS.
- Implement and optimize cloud infrastructure including initial and ongoing configuration of related automation, notifications, and reporting capabilities.
- Implement and maintain cloud security controls (identity and access management, risk and compliance, etc.).
- Plan and lead engagements with development teams deploying cloud solutions.
- Identify and troubleshoot cloud service events and issues as well as work with cloud service providers to efficiently solve issues or implement workarounds.
Position Minimum Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in cloud and systems engineering and administration duties.
- Experience with Windows or Linux server administration and deployment.
- Experience with PowerShell, Bash, Python or scripting for architecture automation equivalent.
- Experience designing PostgreSQL Databases with High Availability and Sharding.
- Strong ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
- Strong knowledge of core networking principals including, WAN/LAN/MPLS/IPSEC, IP Services, DNS, and cloud IaaS networking practices a plus.
- Understands software engineering practices and the impact they have on efficient and effective use of DevOps and cloud solutions.
- Technical Certification a plus.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology legacy in Space Exploration. A spinoff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge