Who We Are:
With one click Earny (www.earny.com) gets you money! Every year, online shoppers in the US lose 50 billion dollars in unclaimed money, and we’ve developed an elegant way of returning that money back to our customers. With over 2.4 million registered users, our mission is to advocate for consumers to ensure that they are getting the best price on all of their purchases.
Our simple customer experience means sophisticated back-end decision-making on their behalf. Earny acts as a personal assistant that automatically gets our customers money back on almost every purchase. Earny uses low-latency price tracking to identify the lowest possible prices, and obtains refunds using credit card price protection.
We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and are backed by top investors including Science, Inc., Sweet Capital, Comcast Ventures and Mayfield. We’re currently looking for innovative and passionate people, who are eager to make a difference and play a vital role in Earny’s growth and success.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to help us build the most sophisticated consumer advocacy AI, reaching millions of customers. Our backend team architects and implements automation bots, data pipelines and rest APIs, in Node JS, to help consumers earn real money. If you are interested in tackling gnarly technical challenges like web crawling, messaging, nlp and big data--join Earny for a real challenge.
Skills + Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of post-graduate experience in backend development
- Development experience with Node.js or similar asynchronous programming platform
- Database modeling skills in either SQL or NoSQL
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure or another cloud provider
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Strong engineering skills including architecture, testing, monitoring, operations and deployment
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful services
- Strong git skills while working with an Agile team
- Experience with web scraping, puppeteer, PhantomJS or similar platforms
Perks + Benefits:
- Salary, Equity & Health Insurance
- Vacation: Unlimited PTO and Flex Time
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered Meals, plus stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Rad Location: Our office is in the heart of Santa Monica and has a casual work environment
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Team lunches, Team breakfasts, Weekly Fitness Classes, Game Nights, Quarterly Company Outings