About the Backend Engineer at Headspace:
At Headspace, we believe the power of health and happiness can deeply impact each one of us. We are seeking skilled people to join our team and make significant contributions to our mission of making the world a happier and healthier place.
We are seeking an experienced Backend Engineer to be responsible for executing on initiatives designed to move the needle on key business goals via innovative solutions and highly-scalable, performant code. You’ll be focused on connecting more people with our product and service in order to advance our mission of improving the Health & Happiness of the world. We’re a high impact team with an ambitious mission and are looking for high caliber people to join us!
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Work with product and engineering teams to release services that operate at high volume
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience, especially API and microservices architecture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Node.JS and Typescript is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL, Hapi, and Sequelize a plus
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.