Back-End Software Engineer
Greater LA Area
The Girlboss mission is to redefine success for millennial women by providing the tools and resources they need to own their futures. We aim to create a new reality where women can make progress personally, professionally, and in service of others. Powering growth through community, we're building a Noah's Ark of the most interesting and ambitious women in the world—powered by digital content, technology, a podcast network, and experiential activations.
In this role you will
- Help us scale to meet the ever-growing Girlboss user base
- Collaborate with front-end and product to build tools and frameworks for fast and reliable product development
- Shape our backend development platform
- Build and maintain our API services
- Identify and communicate backend best practices
- Exceptional expertise in NoSQL, relational databases and schema design.
- Experience with NodeJS is a plus
- Strong foundation in Object-Oriented design principles
- Significant experience designing an API or Microservices platform
- Significant experience scaling and designing systems
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making engineering decisions based on data and best practices
- Strong communication skills and great product sensibilities
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. Girlboss offers all full-time employees equity packages, health benefits paid at 100%, unlimited PTO, 401K, paid maternity leave, remote work on Fridays, and more.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, and other marginalized groups to apply. Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description