Avionics Test Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented test engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical support in bringing our test program online, and providing consistency across our test activities.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Test Engineer, you will have a big role in ensuring the proper testing of our components, sub-system and launch vehicle. This will include the development of a test infrastructure that can be used across the organization as well as the development of test racks to support testing needs.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering or comparable and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing test programs to ensure the proper and thorough test of components and systems
- Background of developing bring-up tools to support preliminary testing during development
- Test rack development to support automated tests
- Experience developing tests to support extreme environmental testing
- Skilled with developing test software (e.g. LabView, python, Beckhoff)
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience developing test plans based on SMC-S-016 or comparable
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description