Avionics Software Engineer, OS & Drivers
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly experienced software engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the bring-up of our flight operating system, and the development drivers.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Software Engineer, OS & Drivers, you will have ownership of ensuring the operating system we are running on the rocket is correctly managed to meet its mission, and to develop the drivers our flight computer will need to talk to the rest of the launch vehicle.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in computer science or comparable and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain a board support package
- Experience developing software drivers to interface with peripherals across a complex system
- Experience with software development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience with modern systems architecture.
- Experience with specialized kernel functions: synchronization primitives, memory management, etc.
- Experience working on multiple classes of drivers e.g., bus, block, wireless.
- Experience with low-latency, high bandwidth, streaming hardware devices, e.g. video cameras, graphics cards, etc.
- Experience with ARM platforms.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description