Avionics AFSS/Safety Engineer
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly experienced software engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the bring-up of our flight operating system, and the development drivers.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Finalize Autonomous Flight Safety System (AFSS) architecture with avionics and propulsion.
- Tailor AFSS RCC319 -14 requirements with 45th SW and FAA.
- Establish schedule and test plans to qualify all safety critical hardware/software.
- Identify/coordinate resources needed to complete tasks on schedule.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in STEM majors (science, technology, engineering, and math) comparable and 4+ years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrated capability manage a hardware/software project to completion.
- Experience designing, developing, and testing avionics or similar hardware.
- Experience tailoring design and test requirements with government agencies.
- Ability to perform analysis to clearly demonstrate fault architecture meets requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work on a launch vehicle.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience with modern systems architecture.
- Experience with Air Force Range Safety and or FAA launch vehicle license regulations (14 CFR Parts 417, 420, and 431).
- Experience designing and testing hardware per common aerospace industry standards such as RCC-319, AFSPCMAN 91-710, MIL-STD-810, SMC-S-016, MIL-STD-461, NASA-STD-5001, and or NASA-STD-5012.
- Experience with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.