Automation Controls Software Engineer
The Automation Team serves to support the development, manufacturing, and installation of hyperloop systems globally. The team specifies, designs, procures, and fabricates a wide variety of automated manufacturing and assembly/installation equipment. The Software Engineer is an integral member of the Automation Team who provides expertise and capability in software development to enable the success of departmental projects.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for owning the software aspects of various automation and machine control projects. These may vary from small R&D tasks to large-scale production equipment. The Software Engineer will work with internal customers to define the needs and specifications for their projects. These projects will generally be interdisciplinary, and the engineer will work with other members of the Automation Team (electrical controls, mechanical, and applications engineers) to deliver an integrated and functional solution.
- Developing, testing, installing, and integrating software solutions related to high-speed custom automation, machine vision, feedback systems, robotics, and data collection and management
- Working with internal customers on functional and user interface requirements
- Working with interdisciplinary teams on controls and software integration
- Working with software contractors and 3rd party software suppliers to deliver fully integrated solutions
- Supporting equipment deployment at Hyperloop One facilities and vendor facilities as needed
The candidate must be an experienced engineer with demonstrated talent and capability in software development. Specifically, he or she should be able to show a track record of successful machine controls and automation software design and implementation. The candidate should have a strong grasp of standard industrial programming techniques and practices . He or she must be an excellent communicator, and thrive in a high-energy, quick-moving, and interdisciplinary workplace.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in creating complete HMI applications and writing PLC programs using the IEC 61131-3 standard programing languages using different platforms (Rockwell Studio 5000, Siemens TIA Portal or Beckhoff TwinCAT)
- Experience with Vision Systems (Cognex, Keyence, iRVision)
- Expertise in integrating and programming industrial robots (Fanuc, Denso, Epson, Kuka)
- Extended knowledge of .NET and COM/ActiveX environments and SDK/APIs implementation
- Solid understanding of industrial communication protocols (Ethernet/IP, Modbus, ProfiNET, EtherCAT, OPC UA)
- Proficiency with SCADA visualization products, multi-server/multi-client application and distributed control systems (Ignition, FactoryTalk View SE, WinCC Open)
- Knowledge of motion control, servo and VFD systems (Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, Delta, etc.)
- Ability to read and redline electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics
- Experience with historians, real-time data collection and reporting & Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) software packages
- Familiarity with IEC 61508/62061, ANSI/RIA 15.06 and ISO 10218-1:2011 control safety standards for machinery and robotics (Safety/Redundant CPUs, Dual Safety channels, Fail-Safe IOs, etc.)
- Proven ability to design fault tolerant system with error handling and recovery using HIL or/and simulator/emulators based testing and validation approaches
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Control Systems, Automation Engineering or other related fields
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Controls Engineer, Automation Engineer, Electrical Engineer or related field
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.