Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is looking for an Android Engineer to join our awesome engineering organization. Our teams are small, Agile and highly collaborative; the Android Developer participates in all aspects of the product design and development cycle, (design, documentation, implementation, quality assurance, and delivery) meaning their role has significant influence both technically and professionally.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including architecture, design, documentation, implementation, quality assurance, and delivery
- Pair program regularly
- Participate in and contribute to code and architecture reviews
- Perform Test-Driven Development
- Demonstrate a passion for software development and high quality code
- Build awesome mobile applications our users will continue to love
- Team player, leaves ego at the door
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, 2+ years of hands-on experience developing production apps on Android
- Java development experience and knowledge of the Android SDK and tools
- Knowledge of web services, specifically RESTful APIs
- Strong communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.