Android Developer (Remote - US-based)
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Dealer Inspire is rapidly growing, and we're expanding our mobile development team! We're looking for mobile developers that love building on the native platforms themselves.
- Design and create our native Android applications
- Create super clean, well structured, testable, high-quality code
- Follow, recommend improvements to, and promote the use of Dealer Inspire process standards.
- Participate in cross functional teams to foster collaboration within and outside of business operations.
- Drive documentation lifecycle for client and technology-specific areas.
- Courteously communicate with clients as required.
- Work with our team to develop best-in-class mobile apps for public consumption
- Provide technical planning, development, and systems integration from discovery through launch
- Provide guidance to designers and producers to ensure that applications follow best practices and meet requirements
- Execute complex designs, reflecting the creative and art direction provided within established technical frameworks
- Ensure a high level of code quality
- Provide input on internal code practices, design, architecture, and maintenance
- Solid Android development experience with both mobile and tablet devices
- Have sound object-oriented programming skills
- Have demonstrated experience building applications that have a strong emphasis on UI/UX
- Strong communication skills
- Work well with others - approachable and collaborative
- Deep understanding of the intricacies of the Android platform
- Up-to-date knowledge of Google Play Store Guidelines Experience in launching and maintaining the lifecycle of a mobile app
- Git (or other source control)
- Minimum of 5+ years of IT experience or 3+ years of IT Experience and a Bachelor's degree in a technically relevant field
- Minimum of 2+ years of Android development experience (Links to apps released in the Google Play store will receive extra attention!!)
- Technical certifications are a plus.
- Community involvement in open source projects is a plus.
Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- 401k with company match
- 10 days paid time off, 5 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time bi-monthly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Benefits package including Health, Life, Dental, Vision, and Disability