Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Employment Counsel to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the Legal team, you’ll provide employment legal advice and partner with the People team to drive policy and compliance issues globally. This position will be based in Los Angeles, California.
What you’ll do:
- Provide general employment law counseling and day-to-day support for the People Team
- Draft and revise employment-related agreements (including offer letters, confidentiality agreements, and separation agreements) and train HR on usage of appropriate templates
- Develop and implement employment policies (including hiring practices, performance management, employee relations, internal investigations, terminations, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, compensation, benefits, and OFCCP practices) to ensure best practices and compliance with applicable regulations
- Investigate and respond to federal and state administrative complaints (including EEOC and local agency charges)
- Manage litigation related to employment matters
- Support merger and acquisition transactions and related integration of employees globally
- Partner with cross-functional teams to provide employment law guidance for successful execution of company initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- J.D. from a nationally recognized law school
- Membership in at least one state bar (CA preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in California and Federal employment law
- Extensive employment counseling and litigation experience
- Prior law firm experience as well as in-house experience at a U.S. multinational company preferred
- M&A experience preferred
- Familiarity with international employment issues preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business judgment with a commitment to teamwork, integrity, and collegiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to approach legal challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].