Embedded Software Developer
The Developer / Engineer for Embedded Software will be part of the Embedded Operating Systems Team, within the Software Engineering Function. The team works with other teams to specify, develop and maintain embedded operating systems for real-time and other uses. This shall include integration of board support packages, network and diagnostic stacks.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize elements of the embedded operating system development and maintenance processes.
- Deliver multiple operating systems (with BSP, network) and other integrated services for multiple hardware platforms.
- Work closely with DevOps, Architecture, and Hardware teams to ensure compatibility.
- Work with third party collaboration partners to use and set industry standards.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning development decisions in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proven project experience with RTOS (such as VxWorks, Nucleus or QNX) for embedded systems
- Proven project experience with other high-level OS, such as Linux for embedded systems
- Proven experience with C / C++
- Understanding of SOLID coding principles, software life-cycles.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Experience with Network and IPC with diagnostics at all levels.
- Safety critical systems development.
- Development, architecture and managerial experience.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience with embedded operating systems, or similar.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.