Director of Simulation, Integration and Test
The Director of Simulation, Integration and Test will be part of the Software Engineering Division. This team works closely with all other teams to develop, deliver and maintain solutions to simulate (Software in the Loop / Hardware in the Loop), integrate and validate a complex embedded system linking to a next generation cloud hardware.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the simulation and test (QA) processes.
- Lead the creation of and implement a strategy to enable full simulation with Software in the Loop, Hardware in the Loop; moving on to full operator in the Loop validation.
- Lead the integration of the embedded hardware, embedded software and cloud solutions.
- Manage teams (internal and external) for formal QA activities, including SDET.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of engineers.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning physical and logical architecture in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Experience managing teams to ensure full simulation, integration and validation.
- Experience with multiple simulation tool suites.
- Experience with multiple embedded software stacks.
- Experience in delivering connected mobility systems with embedded hardware.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in a people management position.
- Experienced as a leader in embedded hardware and software integration.
- Proven industry experience in validation for hardware and software solutions.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experienced in delivering automotive or aerospace embedded integrations.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.