Director of Program Management
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile start-up environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of over 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
The Grindr team is looking for a Director of Program Management; this person is a servant leader and a key member of the Engineering Division. The incumbent’s primary responsibilities include facilitating the use of Agile practices, tracking critical development milestones, monitoring process adherence, identifying and removing impediments, escalating risks and ensuring temporal uniformity from one sprint cycle to another across multiple, full-stack delivery teams.
The Director of Program Management will communicate frequently with key stakeholders, ensure detailed project requirements are met and documented; obtain estimates from stakeholders, schedule implementation, and monitor progress from scoping to actual feature delivery. Finally, this candidate needs to demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate at the executive level; managing C-suite delivery expectations in addition to surfacing status and facilitating business priorities negotiations. This role is a combination of hands-on agile coaching and management of the delivery process at Grindr.
- Guide and train our team on how to use Agile methodology and Agile practices; following Agile values and principles
- Lead and manage the Agile Facilitators on the team; focusing on operations, culture, process, systems and leading by example
- Communicate at the executive level, manage C-suite delivery expectations, facilitate business priorities negotiations.
- Support the Product Owners, especially with respect to refining the backlog and user stories with an eye on continual improvement
- Facilitate relationships and collaboration both within the team and the teams’ environment; process and continuous improvement; all ceremonies: sprint planning, sprints, retrospectives, etc. to be more be purposeful and effective
- Facilitate open discussions, difficult discussions, effective decision making, and the smooth operation and interaction throughout the teams
- Use clear data and metrics to illuminate the maturity of Teams’ and Organization’s agility
- Work with stakeholders to remove impediments -- by either directly resolving them yourself, guiding the team to remove them, or by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment quickly
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiate information clearly, consistently and automatically. Your role is to make sure that all team members have the information they need to eliminate any surprises (for example, with staff members’ schedules)
- Understand deeply technical conversations and problems, contribute to solving both technical and non-technical operational issues
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Experience with various Agile frameworks, test driven development and pair programming, continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Hands-on experience managing complex delivery ecosystem employing full-stack teams across multiple departments.
- Experience communicating at the executive level.
- 5+ years of work experience as a hands-on Agile Coach and/or Scrum Master
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional certification (CSP)
- Proficient skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, empathy, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- The ability to distinguish between what Agile is and what Agile is not. The most qualified candidate will go beyond merely “what we did at Company X” and will realize the full potential, empowerment, discipline, and flexibility of the Agile frameworks
- Superior communication, mentoring, and presentation skills
- Experience facilitating multiple Agile teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Experience in the mobile app development space
- Track record of continued and recent Agile education including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader in a (preferably technical) role other than ScrumMaster or Scrum Product Owner
- Experience as a Software developer
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment