Our design values
- Simplicity: there is a massive, tangled web of financial products. We’re working tirelessly to make Albert simple and easy to use. In large part, this is done with great design.
- Clarity: our goal is to create a transparent and straightforward experience for our users. We believe design should always elevate and enhance content, not distract from it.
- Friendly: understanding personal finances isn’t just about the numbers, building a healthier relationship with money impacts all areas of a persons life. That extra layer of empathy is crucial to our brand.
Things you're good at
- Detail. You have an expert eye for typography, color and layout.
- Information design. You are able to distill complex problems and information into designs that are engaging, easy to understand and simple to follow.
- User experience. Ability to think holistically, in a user-centric fashion, with a sharp eye for detail and consistency.
- Flexibility. You are comfortable laying out designs that are mainly typographic and highly informational and are also able to design and illustrate for content that is highly visual.
- Organization. Work across multiple layers of our organization, including design, product, writing, marketing, engineering, financial services and senior management.
- Communication. Keep lines of communication open and seek out feedback on a regular basis.
- Teamwork. At Albert, the underpinning of our culture is to care. We care about our customers’ financial wellness, we care about the health of our business, and we treat each other with kindness and respect.
- Design across all stages of product including, wireframes, mockups, and prototyping for mobile app & web products
- Asset creation including icons, illustrations, and basic motion design/animations
- Create eye-catching content for social media and PR
- Support design needs for marketing, customer acquisition, and ad creation as needed
- Ensure consistency in creative and copy with the company’s brand and design direction
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to create quality product
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, from concepts to deliverables
- A portfolio showcasing your design, process and your proficiency in delivering compelling creative product
- An advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and other relevant design tools
- Experience with wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Ability to design with the context of how coding structures work is a plus
- 2–3 years of work experience as a designer, at an agency or in-house
- BA/BS or equivalent in graphic design, visual communications, or similar design
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch
- Hardware budget