Visual Designer, Marketing
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to expand financial access, choice and control to underserved consumers globally. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
We are reinventing credit by using alternative data to underwrite customers in real time, without reliance on traditional credit reports and helping our users build an entirely new financial identity through digital credit. Our proprietary identity and credit scoring technologies have helped us lend to over 1M+ customers overlooked by traditional finance – with the goal of serving an estimated underserved population of 3 billion globally!
At Tala, we see the world differently. We’re driven by a fundamental belief in people, and we work hard to prove their potential. We take risks that others won’t, in order to put more power in our customers’ hands. Every day, we challenge the limits of a system that has left 3 billion people behind – committing to building a world where underserved people everywhere have financial access, choice, and control. We call this way of doing things Radical Trust. We think trust will be the currency that drives a better financial system – one that sees, understands and serves more of the world’s people.
In this role, you will work on performance creative for Tala. You’ll spend the majority of your time creating and iterating digital acquisition creative - still and animated ads to be placed on Facebook, Google, and Twitter. You should have a good grasp of the limitations of performance creative and be able to produce creative solutions within these limitations. You should exhibit a thoughtful approach to producing quality yet eye-catchy designs and help to uphold a high visual design standard that is relevant and resonant in a variety of contexts for the potential Tala customer.
The ideal candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects at a time while keeping all stakeholders involved in the process. You have an interest in how creative affects performance and growth metrics and can design creative solutions that answer performance needs. You have a stellar mix of visual acumen, creative thinking, writing, project management, a genuine curiosity in data and are passionate about making high-quality brand and growth creative. You understand the importance of upholding the Tala brand with creative that resonates with our customers.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Senior Design Lead and User Acquisition Manager to concept and create performance marketing ads that drive prospective customers to click on our ads and download our app
- Produce visual design creative (including animated gifs/videos) for performance marketing campaigns across Facebook, Google Display, Twitter, and Instagram
- Leverage data & learnings to inform the creative process and final designs
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, respectfully give and receive feedback
- Ability to self-manage to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience working in graphic design, animation, or illustration
- Skills in graphic design for performance marketing and 2D animation
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work (include link on your resume)
- Experience working with consumer brands either in-house or at an agency
- Experience working within a User Acquisition or Performance Marketing team is strongly preferred
- Possess deep customer empathy and awareness of the impact of design
- Experience working within brand guidelines while localizing creative to fit marketing needs
- Strong command of design principles, typography, color theory, and conceptual thinking
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator. Working knowledge of Sketch. Knowledge of AfterEffects is a plus.
- Comfortable working with Slack and GSuite.
- Collaborative and fun! You love working across multiple teams with passionate, fun people who believe in the Tala mission.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by Google Ventures, IVP, Revolution, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k and reimbursement for commuting expenses. To promote healthy work-life balance, we offer unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave. At Tala, we provide enriching opportunities for personal and professional development, including travel to our global markets to meet with actual customers.
We truly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.