About the VP, Design at Headspace:
Since Headspace’s inception, design has been a key pillar of our success. It has helped us differentiate our product and provide millions with an accessible and approachable path to meditation. As we look toward larger notions of health and wellness, we’re searching for someone to take our creative essence and scale it into a multi-faceted brand, through the product experience and beyond, and deliver on our mission of improving the health and happiness of the world.
As VP Design, you will lead a cross-disciplinary design team at Headspace, building it into a creative and strategic force for the product team and the company. You will be in charge of leading the design vision, strategy, workflow, and team structure to supercharge product, growth, customer service and other efforts. Reporting into the CEO you will play a key role in delivering on the company mission.
To excel in this role, you must have an excellent understanding of how to scale product design, brand design and design research, while ensuring that our design teams are able to execute quality design in the context of an agile, iterative way of working. You have an innate ability to connect the workflows and output of multiple functions within the organization; you are able to create work that delivers on the warmth of the brand, user experience, visual fidelity, and most importantly, our users’ needs and aspirations.
Above all, versatility is imperative. We’re looking for someone who can work through big picture strategy one minute and roll up their sleeves to optimize production workflows.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Build an exciting and coherent design vision and strategy
- Manage and grow a highly talented and wide spectrum design team (ranging from illustrators, brand designers through product designers and design researchers) into world-class design leaders.
- Build an inspiring and collaborative culture to help deliver the best possible output from a highly talented team.
- Work closely with the leadership team to understand the product and business needs and architect the team, process, and culture to deliver against these needs.
- Explore new creative ventures for Headspace such as physical products (e.g. pods, merchandise, etc).
What you’ve accomplished:
- 15+ years of progressive design leadership at a world class, design-focused company.
- Experience in service design.
- Strong people management skills at speed and scale.
- Strong process skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of business needs and ability to connect analytical conversations with creative opportunities. Able to speak both languages comfortably.
- Experience in a live software environment w an agile, “always be shipping” mode is a big plus.
- Interest in meditation & mindfulness.
How to get started: If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.