UX/UI Design Lead/Director
We are looking for a seasoned lead user experience designer to conceptualize, design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions that help behavioral health specialists manage their practice.
You're someone who takes pride in building quality products, deeply understands and can champion our customers, and design solutions that are equally thoughtful, elegant, and delightful. As a UX/UI Design Lead or Director, you’ll make customer-centered design decisions with a team of designers to build products used by highly engaged customers. You'll also work closely with engineers, analysts, support specialists and product managers to make a direct impact on the future of our product. No remote candidates, please. This is in our office in Santa Monica, CA.
What you'll do day-to-day
- Express your design ideas at every level of fidelity to see a project through from concept to implementation
- Rapidly iterate upon your designs based on user insights and team feedback
- Help establish and reinforce consistent design patterns for reusable, systematic design
- Represent the team as a product design leader
Our ideal candidate
- Over 5 years of experience designing products for web, iOS, and Android
- Comfortable communicating large-scale design decisions with multiple stakeholders
- A portfolio of amazing interaction design, UI and strategic user experiences for complex products—work we can click on or download in the app store
- Experience working directly with engineers and managing clear project handoffs when design is complete
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions
- You are a strategic and collaborative thinker; able to ideate and execute new product features
- You have an inherent talent for creating simple, clear solutions from complex problems
- You stress the details and care about creating a truly delightful experience
- You're up-to-date regarding the latest web design and technology trends
- Design experience on a B2B or SaaS product
- Experience conducting usability studies
- Experience mentoring or managing designers
- You’re always down to learn something new!
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, people-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s what our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product. We’re a growing startup founded by a successful entrepreneur who was a therapist himself at one point in his career.