UX / IA Designer
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Develop UX/IA documentation - outlines, process flows, sketches, scenarios, site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for complex web/ mobile/ interactive applications to define functionality and user behavior
- Think holistically about the workflows that drive Bird’s business and design products that maximize the impact of those workflows
- Ability to work with engineering teams to build assets, refine user experience, and produce high quality products
- Craft prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Expert at developing and conveying ideas clearly - making business concepts and data visually engaging through use of color, typography, images, infographics, and animation
- 3+ years as a UX/IA designer working on complex web tools for enterprise or consumer applications
- Experience working in a fast paced collaborative team environment with product managers and developers
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web experiences as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML/CSS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding portfolio that showcases creative and systematic design thinking and execution
- Attention to detail - every decision matters
- Deadline-driven with the ability to prioritize projects concurrently
- Highly organized and detail-obsessed
- Egoless, self-starting, team player
- Enjoy learning new design tools to keep abreast of the state of the art of design technology
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description