UX Field Researcher
At ServiceTitan, research is at the heart of our user-centered product development process. Research results, however, can only be effective when socialized and implemented throughout the design process.
We are looking for a UX Field Researcher that can coordinate sessions, apply frameworks in a dynamic environment and present those results in a compelling manner.
Core tasks will involve leading user and product research for projects: creating and implementing research plans and schedules for multiple projects, determining which methods to perform, and contributing to a repository of data for supporting user-centered design across the organization.
An ideal researcher would perform a variety of research, from field studies and usability evaluations to competitive analysis and industry trends while refining user personas. You would directly contribute to ongoing process improvement, including best practices and standards.
Please note: this role may exceed 50% domestic travel based on project needs.
What you'll do
- Design and conduct user research projects, including field studies, usability research, competitive analyses, usability and prototype testing in order to evaluate new and current products. This includes designing appropriate tests and studies based on situational variables, recruiting users, and summarizing findings.
- Contribute to the integration of analytics and usability data to help fuel and inform design and product decisions
- Develop personas, scenarios, journey maps, task flows, testing protocols, and test reports
- Work collaboratively with UX and Product team members to identify issues and opportunities regarding the collection and implementation of user research and usability testing results.
- Adapt and pioneer research practices to meet team needs under the tight timelines of a rapidly growing company
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement, including best practices and standards as they pertain to UX research
- Synthesize and present user research and test findings to cross-functional teams including business stakeholders, UX, Product, Dev, and QA.
- Learn about Service Titan customers around the United States
What you’ll need
- Deep understanding of research methods, with an emphasis on qualitative or quantitative research
- Deep understanding of usability and design principles
- A desire to take risks in terms of testing new methodology and iterating on those approaches.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial flair for problem-solving across changing time, resource and data constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research (remote and in-person), including usability tests, field studies and surveys, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to analyze data from research and clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to travel within the United States
- Must have thorough knowledge of usability methods and when to apply them
- Must be proactive, innovative, and extremely detail-oriented
- Must be able to work in a team environment with an iterative design process.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand new systems.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with enterprise software a plus
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2017