Dave is a financial ecosystem merging technology and financial wellness to help all Americans achieve financial health and move beyond the current banking industry. The finance version of David and Goliath, Dave works hard to help the four in five Americans who live paycheck to paycheck thrive, because big banks won’t.
With social impact core to its DNA, Dave has a triple bottom line business model, benefiting people and the planet while pursuing profit. Through Dave’s partnership with Trees for the Future, its users have planted millions of trees, capturing carbon emissions while providing economic opportunities to underserved populations. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, SV Angel, The Chernin Group, Jonathan Kraft, Skip Paul and Diplo, among others.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Our team is looking to add our first User Experience Researcher to our Product organization. This role will be focused on helping us better understand our 1+ million users' needs, motivations, and pain points to ensure we develop the optimal product experience.
Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and a holistic approach to the research function. You'll work & partner closely with product management, product design, and engineering to help improve our members' relationship with money.
This position will report directly to our Chief Product Officer.
• Advocate, through the research function, our members needs to product leads in order to create the best customer experience possible.
• Develop and distill Dave's research standards across a variety of methodologies (Ethnographic research, focus groups, usability benchmarking, user interviews & surveying, user persona & profile creation)
• Frequently communicate research findings to our key stakeholders while rigorously prioritizing the work we should do next.
• Define, track and report user experience KPIs.
In the first 30 Days, you will:
• Ask the right questions both to our team members and our customers to gain a strong understanding of Dave and our customer experience.
• Work with other members in Product and company stakeholders to understand what research we have done to date and where current team members identify a growth opportunity.
In the first 90 Days, you will:
• Begin to build our user research toolkit so we can standardize research across our product lines.
• Conduct user research with existing Dave users and deliver actionable insights to better inform Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering efforts.
• 5+ years of experience in a consumer-facing software environment or equivalent experience.
• Degree in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field
• Experience building user-centered research methods from the ground up for an organization.
• Comfortable diving into large amounts of quantitative & qualitative data and derive insight from it.
• Working knowledge of Data Analytics tools like Amplitude, MixPanel, or equivalent
• Working knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Mode, Looker, or Tableau
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental Insurance plan for you and your family
· A brand new computer/equipment of your choosing
· Catered lunch 2x/week
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· Flexible vacation time
· Basketball hoop
· Open and creative office space
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.