Greater LA Area
We are looking for a User-Experience (UX) Lead[KJ1] able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
The UX designer will also be expected to lead the design of the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
Responsibilities - Market:
· Lead and own UX design
· Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, storyboards, mockups, design comps and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences through Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision and other tools[
· Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
· Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
· Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
· Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
· Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
· Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Responsibilities - Internal:
· Facilitate discovery meetings, stakeholder interviews, brainstorming sessions, and features and functionality workshops.
· Create UX strategy deliverables, including: discovery findings, creative brief, competitive and landscape analyses, and concept documentation.
· Lead the development of UX team project deliverables to communicate the UX strategy and rationale such as project plans, research, personas, concept documents, task lists, workflows, information architecture, wireframes, page maps, interaction and behavior specifications, visual design and content strategy.
· Work with technology experts, product managers, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define product requirements that best achieve business goals as identified by key stakeholders.
· Utilize research to translate findings into tangible designs, including: heuristic reviews, usability testing, competitive product analysis, web metrics data, field research, quantitative surveys, user interviews and persona development.
· Present design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners.
· Manage design resources – direct, contract, or agency – supporting owned deliverables
Brand alignment considerations:
· Serve as a liaison between brand team and Program:
· Understand how Program fits within CG Brand
· Share Program relevant details
· Socialize Brand decisions
· Facilitate naming discussions – pulling together the correct people, steering the conversation, documenting the outcome
· Understand the big picture for Program experience – what do we want the big take-away for users to be
· Align product requirements with experience vision and see to their execution
· Advocate for the best optimal user experience
· Socialize the designs and wireframes with relevant teams
· Teams include: Web Transformation, Service, Brand, IR, Investor
· 5 years of UX experience
· Knowledge of financial industry is a plus
· Fluency in Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision and relevant design tools
· Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
· Expertise in standard UX software
· Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
· Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
· Extensive experience in Agile development environment
· Solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
· Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
· Clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
· Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
· Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with Product, Development, and Delivery teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
· Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
· Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
· Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Read Full Job Description