Sr. Product Designer
The Sr. Product Designer will be responsible for spearheading design initiatives, leading projects and working collaboratively with others, creating flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of wireframes, concept exploration, hi & low-fi interactive prototypes and partnering with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a concept to launch. You’re a great fit for this role if you have an expertise in design & prototyping programs like Sketch & Principle, you should know the ins-and-outs of cross-platform design paradigms, and should have excellent communication skills.
You sweat the details over a beautiful design without sacrificing the best possible user experience. You know design draws people in — but it should get out of the way so they can glide thru experiences like butter. You love peppering the path from A to B with moments of surprise and delight.
At the end of the day, you want to design experiences that make people weak in the knees. Designs that make other designers jealous. Designs that win awards.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with Product and Design teams
- Create iterative and interactive high & low fidelity prototypes
- Design across various platforms (web, mobile, etc)
- Give and solicit feedback from key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with small and medium sized teams
- Execute against a fast-paced, ever-adapting roadmap
- Rapid iteration based on user testing, industry research, data and feedback
- Conduct and contribute to research and testing
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Never satisfied, always looking for better design solutions
- Expert in mobile design paradigms (iOS, Android, phone & tablet)
- Master of Sketch, Invision, prototyping (Principle, etc) and Adobe CC
- 4-6 years digital product design experience
- Experience with end-to-end product design from concept to shipping
- Keen eye for color, typography, hierarchy, space & flow
- Have experience working at a startup or other agile teams
- Like working on side projects (design or otherwise)
- You want to leave the world a better place
- Down to grab a beer (or a root beer if that’s your thing)
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s subscription combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. The Inspire app lets members control their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy.
We’re is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company. How? Through continuous innovation, cleaner connected devices, renewable energy supply, generation and storage; plus intelligent, decentralized grid services.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 300 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica, we pride ourselves on a culture of ownership, teamwork and an obsession with crushing it.
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature a professional workspace with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing tech company. We believe in working hard and producing while doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future.
- Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits like health, vision, life, and dental insurance — not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and lots of cupcakes…