Sr. Product Designer, Mobile
Greater LA Area
When first launched, our mobile apps revolutionized how independent private practice therapists incorporate technology and new workflows into their businesses. Now, with over 35,000 clinicians and millions of patients currently using our 4+ star mobile apps for iOS and Android, it’s time to take our mobile apps to the next level.
That’s why we’re seeking an experienced Mobile Product Designer to take ownership of the SimplePractice mobile experience on iOS and Android. Your mission will be to implement consistent, well-planned interaction patterns along with a refreshed visual appearance across all SimplePractice mobile applications.
You’ll work with our growing product team to evolve our mobile strategy and find business challenges our customers face every day which we are uniquely positioned to solve with our HIPAA compliant mobile applications.
Demonstrate great work, great judgement, and adapt to our unique and high-functioning development process and you’ll quickly earn a tremendous amount of responsibility, autonomy, and professional opportunity.
By making it easier to run a private practice and facilitating great communication between patients and clinicians in the SimplePractice mobile apps, you’ll help thousands of clinicians run great businesses and treat more clients in their communities.
- Express your design ideas at every level of fidelity to see a project through from concept to implementation
- Work closely with the Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to define story requirements
- Develop interaction models, customer flows, schematics, prototypes, and visual designs for the mobile experiences of our products and services
- Define not only the immediate experience to be built for each project, you’ll also articulate a vision for future states and functionality so that we’re constantly building toward the future in a smart, effective way
- Test your designs with customers in a lean, agile way
- Rapidly iterate upon your designs based on user insights and team feedback
- Help establish and reinforce consistent design patterns for reusable, systematic design
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a consistent, elegant and pleasant user experience
- 5+ years designing mobile experiences for products and platforms
- You are an authority on the craft of mobile product design and you reference iOS Human Interface Guidelines, Android Material Design Guidelines, and your real-world experience when describing your design decisions
- Experience building mobile aspects of complex platforms with extensive systems (calendaring, billing, accounting or finance systems experience a plus)
- Experience building software with multiple permission-based user roles
- A portfolio of amazing UI and strategic user experiences—work we can click on or download in the app store
- Experience working directly with engineers and managing clear project handoffs when design is complete
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions
- You are a strategic and collaborative thinker; able to ideate and execute new product features
- You have an inherent talent for creating simple, clear solutions from complex problems
- You stress the details and care about creating a truly delightful experience
- You're up-to-date regarding the latest web design and technology trends
Read Full Job Description