Senior Visual Designer
Please note: Smarkets is unable to offer work sponsorship for this role and all candidates must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Smarkets is a Python and Erlang technology company based in central London, Malta and now Los Angeles. We've built one of the world's largest event exchange, also known as a prediction market, with significantly better prices than the competition. Our strength is technology and trading with a passion is to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology.
We're a growing tech-led team of over 100, boasting more than 30 nationalities, and our platform has handled over £3 billion of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe.
We are looking for a talented, Senior-level Designer with a solid understanding of UX principles and deliverables as well as passion for solving problems and creating engaging experiences. Join us to create the next generation of event trading interfaces. You will have a lot of freedom on the job to use your creativity in a self-managed environment.
- Create and execute dynamic and engaging visual designs across multiple devices, web and native
- Define, execute, and drive creative brand guidelines, tone of voice and visual language
- Master our product’s user experience, interaction and visual design
- Work closely with our marketing team and produce innovative creatives that contribute to the brand on owned and social channels
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Great design sense and mastery of typography, colour, and layout
- Executing UI / UX design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Expert skills using Adobe CC and Sketch
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies and how they work
- Able to work collaboratively and to liaise with engineering and marketing teams
- Good skills animating with current web technology
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters degree, preferably in Fine Arts, or Design, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience and track record
- Basic knowledge of sports, politics or current affairs
- Interest in probability, event trading and sports betting in general
- Ability to implement front-end code, including colour schemes, typography, and general design tweaks
- Self-management structure similar to Valve
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Free lunch, social events and parties on a frequent basis
- Downtown LA office very close to the metro
The salary is dependent on experience and decided by peer review. Please note that we are considering senior level applications only.
Please submit a portfolio when applying for the advertised position.
This is a full-time job based in Downtown LA.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.