Senior UX/UI Designer
Shippabo is a cloud-based supply chain management platform built by a team of shippers and supported by global logistics experts. Through Shippabo, businesses can oversee their supply chain from anywhere, at any time, and on their terms.
To empower everyone along the supply chain by bringing greater transparency, collaboration, and actionable data to the world of shipping and logistics.
Here at Shippabo, we believe in the power of empathy and trust, proactivity and resoluteness, continual learning and transparency. These values guide everything we do, internally and for our customers.
We’re a team of shippers, logistics experts, and technologists motivated by our massive shared opportunity: To transform the shipping industry. We’re tenacious, driven workers who believe deeply in achieving our mission, while remaining supportive and empathetic coworkers.
We expect nothing less than an actively inclusive work environment. And we’re committed to hiring the best team we can — regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics. We’re people. We’re shippers. We’re a team.
As our UX Designer, you’ll demonstrate competence working with Material Design guidelines. You should have an excellent ability to translate complicated user stories that arise in a collaborative app into testable prototypes. You ideally have a deep understanding of business-to-business (B2B) user personas and how that translates into relevant UI components. You should possess a polished portfolio of mockups that show a well-thought-out design process.
Shippabo offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
On a day-to-day basis as a Senior UI Designer you will:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insight into ideas, and shipped products
- Collaborate closely with engineers to assess feasibility of ideas, implement your designs to spec and ship great products efficiently
- Sketch and prototype ideas to test viability and quickly experiment with interactions and define transitions
- Solve and communicate problems at low fidelity, then propose a highly-polished solution with little delay
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Design the fine-grained details of interactions
- Own the success or failure of your design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve design processes
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a strong interest in business, markets, product, and an enthusiasm in using that interest to generate ideas for growth opportunities
- Have experience designing web applications, systems, and experiences that people can access on any type of device, desktop, tablet, phone — ideally within a B2B company
- Have experience with Material Design specifications
- Have an outstanding portfolio ideally showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation
- Are a self starter who can collaborate closely with engineers
- Are an excellent communicator of design work and the rationale behind your designs
- Ideally have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a technology company
We're not accepting unsolicited applications from external recruiter agencies.