Senior UX Designer
Wholesome products at wholesale prices. Thrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60 per year, Thrive members get access to their favorite healthy snacks, supplements, home, beauty, and baby products at 30-50% off retail pricing—all shipped to their front door. As part of our Thrive Gives initiative, each paid membership on the site also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family.
As our new Sr Product Designer, you’ll join a small team of user-centric experience designers focused on understanding our customers, continuously improving the Thrive Market user experience, and designing new features/functionality across our responsive web and native platforms. For each of your assigned projects, you will partner with a Product Manager to shape the concept, execute iterative designs from wireframes and flows to refined detailed specifications, and collaborate with Software Development Engineers to see your design solutions through to launch.
- Lead design for native app and responsive web features across desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Create iterative design documentation including user journey flows, wireframes, visual designs, and detailed specifications of behaviors and design implementation
- Create prototypes and testing materials of various levels of fidelity, and participate in user research activities such as interviews, usability testing, etc.
- Use user research data (from usability studies, surveys, interviews, etc.) and usage metrics to inform design choices
- Help implement and maintain Thrive Market’s live styleguide/component library
- Collaborate with Brand Experience Designers to ensure brand alignment across all Thrive Market platforms and experiences
- Actively participate in design critiques
- Mentor and coach teammates
- 5+ years of success in product experience design
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating successful design solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure, or similar professional UX design software tools
- Fluency in usability and interaction design best practices
- Experience designing for desktop and mobile web and native applications
- Experience with user-centric design processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Degree or comparable work experience in human computer interaction, interaction design, cognitive psychology, or similar discipline
- Experience using data to inform design choices
- Excellent sense of layout, color theory, composition, typography, graphic design, etc.
- Animation skills
- Experience creating functional prototypes
- Experience leading user interviews and moderating usability testing
- Experience using Git, Jira, or similar team collaboration tools