Senior UX Designer
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for Senior UX Designer with a strong background in visual design. As a Senior UX Designer, you will work directly with our Creative Director and be a part of the entire life cycle, from sketches, conceptual wires to high fidelity designs, prototypes to developer hand off. Your role will contribute to all aspects of design: visual, user experience, and interaction design. You will work on digital products for desktop and mobile.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Work closely with designers, media buyers and engineers to define interface and user requirements
- Analyze, map, and optimize user flow on sales funnels
- Own features and experiences from initial concept through testing and launch
- Develop new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and convey these designs in the form of prototypes, and final sketch files and inVision assets
- Design and prototype innovative and visually stunning interfaces
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 3-4+ years of experience designing interfaces for mobile and desktop
- Experience designing high fidelity graphic assets in Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, etc.
- Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile first
- Eye for design and UX consistency across desktop and mobile
- A great attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Outstanding communication skills
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.