Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
We’re transforming the custom manufacturing and packaging industries by building new tools that allow our customers to reach a previously untapped network of global manufacturers. Our goal is to enable seamless collaboration between our clients, business users, and manufacturing partners in order to deliver beautiful, cost effective, and sustainable packaging solutions.
As a UX/UI Designer on our Digital Products team, you'll have the ability to shape several new products and features that will drive the next phase of growth for our company. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to design new experiences for our customers, improve the workflows across our teams, create new platforms for our partners, and contribute towards the growth of our product design system.
Given the size of our team, and the growth of our company; you'll need to jump between all areas of our product portfolio as well as support design activities across the entire product development lifecycle. If you thrive in a lean UX environment; iterating quickly to turn complex workflows into elegant patterns; come join us!
- Conduct interviews and gather user requirements in collaboration with business teams, product managers, and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, and sketches
- Design wireframes and build prototypes that clearly illustrate desired application functionality
- Aid in the growth of design system standards, fonts, colors, and images
- Present concepts, designs, and prototypes to internal stakeholders
- Ensure features are built as designed by providing accurate and timely feedback to the engineering team
- 3-5 years industry experience in UX/UI design for web & mobile products
- Experience designing custom enterprise software and/or customizing off the shelf ERP systems
- Experience with information architecture and object modeling
- Comfortable presenting sketches, wireframes, and visual comps to a wide audience
- Familiarity and/or desire to learn about the packaging supply chain industry
- Experience working in a lean UX & agile development environment
- Experience with Sketch is preferred
- Experience with HTML/CSS is a plus
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!