Senior Product Designer
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Senior Product Designer
The product design team's mission is to develop a culture of design thinking and user-informed product strategy. As a Senior Product Designer, you design memorable experiences that enrich people's lives.
Who You Are
You use design thinking to solve problems holistically, you sweat the details, and you delight customers with thoughtful interactions across a variety of digital platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in design (e.g. UX, interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience designing complex products for mobile and desktop devices in an Agile environment
- Experience developing and documenting design systems
- A portfolio of work samples showcasing the qualifications above
- Experience with user testing methods, research planning and data analysis
- Proficient with Sketch and/or other industry standard tools for design and prototyping
- Eager to mentor, support and inspire those around you to do their best work
- Excellent communicator, collaborator and advocate for the user
What You'll Be Doing
This position reports to the Product Design Manager and collaborates with others to elevate experiences across multiple products.
- Use data and user feedback to build empathy for our users
- Facilitate ideation sessions to reveal high-value product opportunities
- Sketch, wire-frame and prototype to visualize and refine concepts
- Validate designs with users and internal stakeholders
- Communicate design rationale in terms of business value, user value and design principles
- Gather and incorporate feedback with humility and thoughtfulness
- Create polished visual designs and precise specifications
- Prioritize your work in a way that is efficient and effective at meeting project objectives
- Influence UX strategy and share user informed perspectives
- Continually re-evaluate workflows and tools to improve the way we work
What we want to see
Include a portfolio/link displaying clear evidence of the elements listed above. Be prepared to explain your contribution, process and rationale for the projects you show.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.