As part of the Ring Product Design team and you will be responsible for designing the user interface and experience for Ring Video Doorbells, security cameras, and related services. We’re a user-centric, fast-paced and collaborative team that collaborates with other design, product and engineering teams.
- You will initiate product design with business and product strategy, collaborating with product and engineering team members.
- You will co-lead the design system with other product design vertical leads.
- You will take user test results and real-time data into a pixel perfect design solution.
- 3+ years of experience as Product Designer in mobile applications.
- 3+ years of experience in Sketch, from defining the basic style guide to comprehensive symbol library.
- Experience with Zeplin, InVision, JIRA and Confluence to work with product and QA teams.
- Multidisciplinary design experience in disciplines across iOS, Android, and Web.
- You have used Abstract as a Sketch version control system with multiple designers.
- You have built and maintained a collaborative design system and library for multiple designers.
- You have led or participated in design critiques to run a constructive feedback process with multiple designers.
- You have used PaintCode to hand off assets to iOS engineers in Swift or Objective-C.
- You have crafted optimized vector icons to hand off assets to Android and front-end engineers in SVGs.
- You have used GitHub to collaborate with engineers to manage design assets.
- You have used Framer, Flinto or equivalent hi-fidelity prototyping tools to articulate interaction design.
Ring launched the Neighbors app as a public safety communication tool that allows users to view and share real-time crime and safety alerts with their neighbors. Anyone with an iOS or Android device can download Neighbors and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Read Full Job Description