Product Design at Headspace:
We’re a team of product designers that are incredibly passionate and ambitious about improving the health and happiness of the world, and with more than 30 million users in over 190 countries, we’re well on our way. Creative excellence is core to Headspace, and we believe in the power of design to positively influence the way people interact with themselves and the world around them. You’ll have the chance to solve complex design and product problems working on cross-functional teams with other designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, customer experience specialists, and more. At Headspace, designers don’t work in solitude.
About the Product Designer opportunity:
This is a rare opportunity to work with a talented and diverse team on one of the world’s most loved apps. We’re at an exciting time in our history — we’re essentially creating new verticals (meditation, sleep, and beyond) and our lofty goals need great people who are excited about:
● Working with behavioral scientists and design researchers to craft emotional experiences
● Injecting the brand into the product features
● Exploring projects beyond the core app (AI, voice, healthcare, airlines, etc.)
At Headspace, Product Designers drive high-quality design of simple and complex features across mobile, web, and emerging platforms. This includes developing thoughtful ideas and enthusiastic opinions about things like usability, design, and technology.
You have equally strong conceptual and production skills, with a keen eye for effective typography, iconography, color, layout, texture, and transitions that work within the context of the Headspace brand and an ability to translate those into intuitive, accessible, and visually-compelling product designs.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable tools and features that deliver on project goals.
- You’re ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team without being attached to your iterations.
- You have an up-to-date understanding of design best practices and trends, but are also comfortable exploring new paradigms in UX and UI design.
- You’re a passionate advocate for quality and detail throughout the feature development process, pushing for delightful interactions and moments of joy.
- You’re a problem solver, think big and explore divergent ideas/concept to inspire your team and bring new ideas to the table.
- You’re a self-starter with a curious mind and have no problem moving projects forward.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience including demonstrated experience in designing visually compelling consumer mobile/web-based interfaces.
- Attention to detail and a solid understanding of visual communication
- Familiarity with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and good ol’ fashioned pen & paper.
- An understanding of modular, grid-based, systems design
- Basic understanding of how designs are implemented by client engineers (HTML/CSS/JS, Auto Layout, etc)
- Familiarity with the design sprint process and rapid prototyping.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.