Product Design Director
We need a leader to bring in all the moving design pieces of the Company into a central theme and process; connecting brand to product ux and ensuring that all experiences wherever they are experienced seem consistent.
Why We Need This Role
To bring a an expertise in UX, UI, Interaction, and Usability to complement a connected design and visual experience to the company across all assets (product, marketing and physical experiences). We need someone who can bring together a fragmented design experience into a unified approach without slowing the company down with red tape. We need someone that can ensure every visual thought in the company is connected and coherent; yet is able to balance the global nature of our brand its relationship with our stakeholders.
Why You Should Join
Great opportunity for someone who is hands on, and wants to be able to touch all visual elements of a company as well as build a team under them. You will get a chance to touch all the global locations and customers. Our brand and products are on the bleeding edge of technology and you will have the chance to lead all things UX, UI, Interaction, and Usability in partnership with our growing marketing team.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Build a unified visual communication across the company
- Build a data driven approach to design
- Build a holistic design team & process
- Build a versatile brand and visual aesthetic
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken.
- Expertise in the art of highly memorable branding
- Deep experience creating exceptional user experience and user interfaces
- Creative aptitude to deliver beautiful visual experiences
- Optimize the Engineer.ai’s presence on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social channels to educate, market, recruit, and build a community
- Rely on your natural and expert sense of design to build on-brand campaigns to use across channels
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, coach, and recruit for a strong design team to support companywide initiatives
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place