Lead UX Researcher
Job Title: Lead User Researcher - US
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
TikTok (including musical.ly) is a destination for short-form mobile videos. Our mission is to capture and present the world's creativity, knowledge, and precious life moments, directly from the mobile phone. TikTok enables everyone to be a creator, and encourages users to share their passion and creative expression through their videos.
Bytedance, the parent company of TikTok, is one of the first companies worldwide that apply AI Machine Learning technology to main products on a large scale. Alongside its flagship product Toutiao, the largest news aggregator platform in China, Bytedance has also developed a diverse portfolio of products that are popular around the world, including Douyin, one of the largest mobile video apps in China, TikTok (including musical.ly), TopBuzz and Vigo Video.
Our Product team at TikTok is looking for a Lead User Researcher to drive valuable insights into product features, users and influencers, and product trends in the US market.
As a Lead User Researcher, you will you lead the entire research process, collaborating closely with cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to influence key strategy and execution decisions. You will help define future features and products as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process and develop the most useful and usable product experiences for a global audience.
- Identify product opportunities, validate product ideas and collect user feedback by designing and conducting research in both quantitative and qualitative ways
- Partner with design, product, and marketing colleagues to understand business needs and design appropriate research studies to generate focused insights
- Design and conduct user research studies, including surveys, in-depth interviews, field studies, focus groups, and concept/prototype testing
- Analyze findings, process research materials, and define a documentation process
- Present research findings and strong recommendations to key stakeholders in both US and China
- 3+ years experience in conducting UX research
- Deep understanding of research methods, both qualitative and quantitative
- Experience collaborating with Product Designers, Engineering, Data Teams, and key stakeholders
- A passion for observing behavior and synthesizing insights into product design
- Ability to quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate research approaches within constraints
- Familiarity with quantitative methods preferred
- Ability to create compelling presentations and confidently convey insights through storytelling
- Experience working on a global product
- Strong interest in social app products, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends
- Experience working with international partners at different time zones
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment