Lead UX Designer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
The Lead UI/UX designer is responsible for enhancing iHerb’s customers experience on our industry leading, global e-commerce site through design and maintenance. We are looking for a highly motivated UI/UX guru with a strong understanding of online shopping across multiple platforms including desktop, tablet and mobile. Through a combination of drive, data & creativity aligned with companywide business goals this individual must design and develop a simple interface that provides the customer with the best possible shopping experience.
- Experience leading the design of an international e-commerce platform
- Lead our design team while also partnering effectively with the rest of the company to enhance site functions and user flow optimization
- Use multiple front end languages to enhance responsive web design
- Study the interaction between our systems & users
- Push pixels to make sure your designs are worthy of being seen
- Use knowledge of user-centered design principles to give customers the best shopping experience
- Access data to design and refine intuitive and highly functional flows across all platforms
- Act as an ambassador by presenting and communicating the creative vision and business thinking behind concepts in a coherent and inspiring manner. Be a user experience evangelist.
- Align how our design strategy impacts our customers & business goals.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in all areas of UX
- Reference industry best practices but know when to break the rules
- Monitor relevant emerging trends and technologies
- Meet and exceed in the delivery of key project goals.
- Build, mentor and lead the UX team
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business partners and other technology teams
- Define and maintain processes for the team to deliver work on-time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of how to use data to measure results
- Deep knowledge of the global digital device landscape
- Deep knowledge of web and mobile design techniques
- Deep knowledge and experience of user and market research
- Passion for design and an eye for quality, taste, style, etc.
- Appropriately balance need for efficiency and speed
- Experience in agile/scrum software delivery practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and collaboration skills
- Significant technical expertise, business sense and partnership with multiple departments is required.
- Proficient at gathering both internal and external data and turn it into decision making tools
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment that runs in an agile manner
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a leadership position
- 5-7 years designing user experiences and interaction design for web & mobile applications
- Experience in e-commerce preferred
- International experience a plus
- Software development experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, or Information Science required