Lead Creative UI/UX Designer
Greater LA Area
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: VP of Content
Many startups believe that amazing UI/UX is a “nice to have” -- for us, it’s a “need to have”. At first glance, our mission to create the world’s best online courses seems like it revolves around course content and production quality. But in reality, that’s just the beginning. In order to truly set our students up for success, we believe we need to utilize UI/UX as a huge role in our students’ learning process. That’s where you come in.
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company, and went through the startup accelerator in summer 2016. We've raised around $2M to date in venture funding, and are currently profitable. We create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
We're looking for our first Lead Creative UI/UX designer to work out of our offices in Los Angeles. You will be the design leader for all-things Jumpcut, and will eventually grow to managing a design team. Your primary goals will be twofold: how can you best improve our students’ learning experience, and how can you do so in a magnificently beautiful way?
- Lead the implementation of our branding for both our brand redesign and continual interpretation of the Jumpcut brand (this includes beautiful illustrations, typography choices, interpretations of the color palette, and designs with creative risks)
- Grow conversion rates of final sales by 10% through improving design on opt-in pages, landing pages, home page, etc.
- Improve our students’ learning experience by creating/iterating features to design seamless, simple, and intuitive experiences on our course platform
- Collaborate with Product to shape user stories, prioritize features, brainstorm on product concepts, and create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Create aesthetically beautiful assets for our platform, including: thumbnails, banners, product images, etc.
- Work closely with our Engineering and QA team to ensure design quality
- 4+ years experience in UI/UX design, with an emphasis on UI
- 2+ years in-house design experience at a well-known consumer facing company
- Expert level proficiency with programs equivalent to: Adobe PS, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Well versed in web-based design and working on high traffic consumer-facing sites
- Experience working closely with Engineering, Product, and Marketing
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to craft delightful UI and UX.
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs; catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits never hurt either. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $130,000 - $170,000 annually.
Read Full Job Description