Junior Graphic Designer
Greater LA Area
The Girlboss mission is to redefine success for millennial women by providing the tools and resources they need to own their futures. We aim to create a new reality where women can make progress personally, professionally, and in service of others. Powering growth through community, we're building a Noah's Ark of the most interesting and ambitious women in the world—powered by digital content, technology, a podcast network, and experiential activations.
Girlboss is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, and whip-smart junior graphic designer to join its Los Angeles Office. Reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer, this position will create and concept assets for Girlboss’s Editorial and Branded Content design initiatives. Above all, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to make a meaningful contribution to building a fast-growing media start-up.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with the Senior Graphic Designer to concept and create artwork for editorial, email, social, and marketing materialsWork with growth team on asset creation and creative development of emails (including in Campaign Monitor) design/layout for 30+ monthly emails.
- Work with social strategist to create templated assets for social channels, as well as creating gifs and other sharable social images.
- Work with editorial team to create and add value to editorial features.
- Manage weekly asset creation for all podcasts.
- Work with growth team on asset creation and creative development of sweeps.
- Assist with designing and creating decks, presentations, and program mockups in Keynote and have a base level knowledge of powerpoint
- Stay ahead of design trends, proposing edits and evolution that will help refine the Girlboss voice.
Some things you need to have:
- Strong attention to detail with well-honed typographic and design skills.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience designing email and using Campaign Monitor a plus
- Experience developing ad units a plus Experience in HTML and CSS a plus
- Experience editing and captioning video a plus
- Obsessive interest in the ever-changing landscape of design.
- Ability to multi-task and manage own time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn (and to test and fail).
- Interest in and understanding of the broader media landscape, with passionate ideas about what great content should look like.
This is an FTE role in our Silver Lake offices in Los Angeles, starting asap. Candidate must have a reliable form of transportation. Submit a cover letters, resume (incl. links to previous relevant work) to [email protected] with the subject line “Junior Graphic Designer.”
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. Girlboss offers all full-time employees equity packages, health benefits paid at 100%, unlimited PTO, 401K, paid maternity leave, remote work on Fridays, and more.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, and other marginalized groups to apply. Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description