Junior Graphic Designer
MeUndies sells underwear, sure. But because we’re vertically-integrated, direct-to-consumer, and handle everything from design to marketing to shipping, we bring our customers much more than just undies. We’re a lifestyle brand devoted to self-expression and basics that are anything but simple. A great pair of undies can brighten up your day and a great underwear company keeps it going. We wear our brand as a badge of honor and we’re not afraid to share it.
Are you a highly motivated designer with a clean yet fun design aesthetic? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with a team, and get excited about translating the MeUndies brand into assets across several platforms (ie: web, mobile, physical packaging, etc.)? If you said yes to those questions, then this Junior Graphic Designer role could be a great fit for you!
- Deliver: You will use production skills to deliver digital assets for projects in partnership with the Client, Technology and Creative teams on time. You will be creating and managing original, persuasive, conceptual and visually compelling work.
- Be adaptable: You will listen to and respond to a creative brief, understanding where/if there are gaps. You’ll know what questions to ask during briefing sessions in order to act upon it, and understand how to respond to a brief.
- Develop a professional, articulate, and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship-building. You will proactively research and pursue ideas for professional development. You inspire and provide mentorship, embracing challenges and new ways of thinking.
- Play an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with senior members of Creative team to conceptualise world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Communicates ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Demonstrate excellent execution of innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design across different digital platforms.
- Support senior-level Creative team members by implementing primary design direction and incorporating the best design and technology practices to provide cohesive support of overall creative strategies.
- Provide coding coverage to the Creative team on email creations using HTML.
- A beautifully crafted portfolio.
- Proven 1- 2 years of experience working as a Designer is required, including experience in web design.
- HTML proficient
- Working knowledge of an Email Service Platform
- Experience working in a creative/agency environment is advantageous.
- Experience working with the latest versions of PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash and HTML.
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field is preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation.
- Ability to design and execute in Keynote and PowerPoint for internal and external presentations.
- Solid typography skills.
- Good understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of web development.
- Strong organisational skills and extreme attention to detail.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
And the little things.
Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg (choose the cold brew by day, and the IPA by night).
Even everyday things.
There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.