Junior Graphic Designer - City Beauty
City Beauty, a division of Golden Hippo Media, is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their most beautiful life. We create cutting edge beauty and skincare products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers.
City Beauty is looking for a talented and passionate junior graphic designer to join our team. This full-time role will help assist our graphic designer with web design and other various design projects. The ideal candidate is someone who is hardworking, can prioritize, multitask, and work quickly if needed to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time in house position. Local applicants only, we do not offer relocation assistance. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At City Beauty you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at City Beauty is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back collaborative work environment, where we focus on getting the best results for ourselves and our customers. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Website design - graphics, landing pages, order pages, and banner ads.
- Packaging design - screen print and unit carton
- Print design - flyers, marketing sheets, and print ads
- Retouching product and model images - for website and print
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 1-2 years of design experience
- Must have prior web design skills.
- Must be able to work locally at our office in Woodland Hills. No remote opportunities.
- Photo retouching skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator. Indesign, sketch, and invision is a plus.
- UX/UI experience is a plus
- Interest in marketing is a plus
- Capable of working within a set of brand guidelines and specifications
- Receptive to creative feedback
- Basic CSS/HTML skill
City Beauty is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you are passionate about beauty and skincare, thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, City Beauty just might be the place for you.