In-House Marketing Designer/Graphic Artist
Heartbeat is looking for a Marketing Designer/Graphic Designer to help with working on sales materials, collateral, decks, storytelling, video production, our new product, and email design! Heartbeat is growing incredibly quickly (we've grown 600% in just the last 6 months) and we need some design help. This is currently a contract role, but for the right candidate could turn into a full-time visual design or marketing position.
In love with branding, storytelling, building awesome products, and creating beautiful digital assets. You're a process-oriented self-starter who can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. You stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through personal research and education. You know visual design like a trained designer, but you also care about which marketing emails convert best, and you're interested in the marketing space in general.
A passion for fast-paced challenging environments. A solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch. You have experience working with many different disciplines of design, including web design, UI design, social media content, digital advertisements, email campaigns, presentation decks and general print design.
You’ll be working closely with the creative development and marketing/sales teams to help execute creative concepts for marketing and sales materials, product development and brand vision. You’ll be expected to follow development timelines and meet strict due dates. You'll also get direct access to the co-founders of the company and work periodically with the CEO who leads branding and product.
This is a contract to hire role at $20 - $30/hour. We do need you in-person at our Venice Beach office.
- Experience working in design field or startup
- Strong digital portfolio showcasing design capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Sketch
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems and be resourceful and adaptable
- General understanding of HTML/CSS and Wordpress
- Work with the creative and product development team to execute design concepts
- Finalize and review graphics, layouts, and fonts to ensure highest quality designs
- Keep up-to-date trends in design styles, techniques and software
- Create marketing materials, including sales decks and one-sheets
- Help create and implement web design on Wordpress
- Help design new Heartbeat product experience and UI
- Help further develop the new Heartbeat brand by creating new illustrations and marketing materials
- Create sales materials and presentation decks using visual communication and layout skills
Important Note: We are not currently looking for remote designers. We are looking for a contractor who can come into our Venice Beach office daily and be a part of our fun, engaging, startup culture. Please do not apply if you do not meet this criteria.